The Career Builder's Podcast
How to Choose Your Next Career Move
Feeling stuck in your career? Here are the questions you need to ask yourself to get your professional life rolling (again).
- Stephen Covey - 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Habit #2 - start with the end in mind - https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html
- What would people say about you at your funeral
- When you're 80 years old what would allow you to look back and say I had an amazing career
- Life is like writing a book - what do you want that book to be about?
- Take steps forward, like writers block
- There are benefits to taking jobs to move forward, and value in making a more conscious choice
- Using a decision matrix to make career decisions
- Passion is something you cultivate, requires discovery
- How to create your own decision matrix
- 3 ways to think about things: logic, intuition, emotion - https://www.ipeccoaching.com/
- Intuition and emotion are the inner guides
- "Should" is an alarm bell, bring awareness to using this; "Want to" is more powerful
- Values and motivation are highly linked
- Book: The Secret to Selling Anything - Harry Browne - Our values are what make us happy, and our motivations are the things that we'll do to attain that happiness.
- Patterns from past decisions and decision influencers: "Who wants you to be a doctor?"
- How to pull the trigger on a great job offer "What's holding you back?"
- We underestimate ourselves, refuse to step into the powers we have
- Your path will change as you grow up, your values and motivations will change, important to have the framework to be able to make decisions regardless of the stage