The Career Builder's Podcast
Creating an Environment for Success, Pt. 1
Lisa and Mike begin a discussion on how to optimize your workplace for better professional performance.
- What does a supportive environment look like? It is unique to each person.
- Building relationships for success: Mentorships, manager, friends, family members
- How having a work best friend can help you succeed www.gallup.com/workplace/236213/why-need-best-friends-work.aspx
- The social element of work
- Being really good at your current job is a strategy for future success
- Find a role model who has the skills you want
- Communication and vulnerability for success
- Asking for help
- Asking questions and genuine curiosity shows presence
- High functioning teams are able to have differing opinions
- Lead fearlessly, be bold, regardless of your position
- Set agreements or intentions
- The skill of "managing up"
- Creating systems for yourself (email, time blocking, note taking)
- There's no right or wrong; understand what works for you!
- Join us next week for part 2