The Career Builder's Podcast
Crafting a Killer Resume with Adrienne Tom
Adrienne Tom, one of the best resume writers you'll find anywhere, joins Lisa and Mike to talk about how you can create a resume that will seriously help build your career.
- Adrienne Tom - International Award Winning Resume Writer
- Adrienne's path to career storytelling
- Why are resumes important?
- A resume alone won't get you a job but is a useful tool
- The importance of showing your personal value on your resume
- The challenges of writing a resume
- Resumes should be results focused
- Should you be customizing your resume for each job?
- The recruiter is looking at your resume with the view "What's in it for me?"
- Quality vs Quantity in your job search
- How a bad resume can hurt you
- Tips for good resume design?
- Sending your resume on a sandwich...
- Moving from a flat resume to a dynamic resume
- How your resume can impact your earning potential
- What is personal marketing/personal branding
- Why the "spray and pray" approach to job searching doesn't work
- Strategies to get through a job search slump
- Should your resume be different earlier in your career vs later in your career?
- What resumes might look like 50 years from now
- "Slow burn"